Webinar series on "Scientific Writing"
EMBO (European Molecular Biology Organization) is the world's leading organization promoting research on molecular biology and provides very high-quality training for researchers in this area.
The TIGP Office has the pleasure to invite the institution to organize the webinar series on scientific writing designed to enlighten Ph.D. students on their thesis writing and paper publishing.
Dr. Maria Polychronidou
Senior Scientific Editor, Molecular Systems Biology, EMBO Press
Webinar 1: Fundamentals of writing a scientific paper
- Introduction to scientific publishing and writing scientific papers.
- Strategic planning before writing the paper: planning your project, organizing data, authorship, choosing a journal, etc.
- How do I start writing?
- The paper "section by section."
- Assembling Figures.
- Writing the title and abstract.
- Overview of the editorial and peer review process at journals.
Webinar 2: Abstract writing
In this session, the trainer discusses in further detail how to write good abstracts. Participants bring an abstract on their work and will receive feedback from the trainer and their peers.