Bachelor and/or Master of Science degree
English proficiency test score (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS, GEPT and TOEIC)
GRE General test & Subject test (optional)
Academic transcript for coursework completed post high school
Three letters of reference
Statement of purpose
English proficiency test options as below:
79-80 Internet-based TOEFL (TOEFL-iBT)
Note: TOEFL institutional Testing Program (Toefl-ITP) is not the option of English proficiency.
IELTS: (IELTS Academic)
Generally, IELTS test score is accepted by all TIGP Ph. D. programs as an indication of English proficiency.
A minimum overall Band Score of 5.5 on the Academic Test is required for admission to programs that accept IELTS score (please refer to the specific admission requirements of your program)
GEPT: (High-Intermediate Level)
Applicants in Taiwan may take the General English Proficiency Test (GEPT), administered by the Language Training and Testing Center, National Taiwan University. Under this option, applicants must submit a high-intermediate level certificate (listening, reading, writing, and speaking) with their application.
TOEIC: (Listening and Reading)
A minimum score of 785.
- All above test scores must be taken within the past two years.
- For standardized exams listed above (TOEFL; GRE general, GRE subject), our institution CODE is 7142 and NAME is Academia Sinica.
To be eligible for a TOEFL/ IELTS Academic/ GEPT/ TOEIC waiver:
- Applicants come from *English-speaking countries (upload your passport).
- Applicants have studied fulltime for two years or more at a college or university where the sole language of instruction is English and in a country where English is the primary spoken language for your highest degree (upload your highest degree).
- Applicants' previous highest degree is entirely taught in English (upload a medium of instruction certificate).
*Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, New Zealand, Nigeria, Philippines, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Singapore, Trinidad and Tobago, United Kingdom, and United States.
In addition to the above general TIGP application requirements, please check out program's website for program-specific requirements.